Tuesday, July 17, 2012

here is the plan stan

I finally have my grubby hands on the plan. It is a great feeling to see it on paper (well technically computer screen). We changed it a few times and might change it a few more but at this stage we are really happy with it. One of the features we love is the en-suite. While this might be the norm for some, it is something neither of us have ever had before and are really looking forward to it. I hope to make the whole master bedroom feel like an exclusive hotel. I am channeling L'Ermitage in Beverly Hills and their light and airy approach. See the pic below courtesy of their website. When we stayed there I felt like I was in paradise. And I want that feeling again.
  
We have sent away for a quote for this plan and also to see how much it will cost to have two big glass doors in the kitchen and dining area to really open the place up. We are expecting it to cost a lot of money so I am not getting my hopes up on that. But hopefully everything else is affordable.
So there you have it. What does everyone think? Any tips or suggestions that you think could improve the flow of the house?

3 comments:

  1. whoever drew that plan must be really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah how do you draw so straight. Also you should use the spare room for linen and make your WIP and WIL into a butlers pantry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keen for the big laundry so I can dump vacuum cleaner, mops etc in there. And a butlers pantry?? We barely use the oven haha

      Delete